ADVANTAGE NUTRITION offers high level one-on-one and organisational dietetic and nutrition services to a range of disabled clients in public, private and not for profit services. Clinical expertise combined with high level patient management and liaison skills deliver strong outcomes in diverse settings including institutional, group home, respite, community support and supported accommodation.
Ethics and Advocacy for basic human rights in relation to food and nutrition, along with implementation of systems to support better nutrition and dietetic outcomes, underpin all client treatments.
ADVANTAGE NUTRITION has extensive experience with clients with a range of disabilities and challenges:
- Specialist in physical / intellectual disability (including dual diagnosis – mental health / forensic)
- Experience working with profoundly disabled clients
- Experience working with clients on or for transition to enteral nutrition e.g. Naso-gastric nutrition, PEG (percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) nutrition.
- Experience in working with severe dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) e.g. post stroke, due to dementia, due to physical disability, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease etc.
- High level expertise in all areas of clinical practice such as Down Syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Fragile X, Cerebral Palsy etc.
- Investigation and implementation of diets for clients suffering with Untreated PKU.
- Experience working with clients with mental health issues ( 6 years ) and able to accommodate dual diagnosis
- Experience working with forensic disability clients and forensic psychiatric clients
- Experience working with conservative and palliative care clients
- Clients living in disability accommodation – government and non government organizations. Institutional, group homes, respite, community support and supported accommodation.
ADVANTAGE NUTRITION has experience working with spinal cord injury and acquired brain injury:
Specialist in physical / intellectual disability (including dual diagnosis – mental health / forensic)
Experience working with profoundly disabled clients
Experience working with spinal cord injury and acquired brain injury.
Experience working with clients on or for transition to enteral nutrition e.g. Naso-gastric nutrition, PEG (percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) nutrition.
ADVANTAGE NUTRITION delivers:
- Highly developed skills in mediation and ethical problem solving (especially with family members) in relation to enteral nutrition options (PEG) and palliative care – restorative, maintenance and end stages.
- Ability to negotiate clinical health outcomes from disparate groups to improve client health and well being.
- Advocacy for people with disabilities. Ability to assert nutrition and dietetic needs on behalf of clients – many of whom cannot speak up for themselves.
- Proven strategic leadership in food, nutrition and dietetics in disability services, aged care, corrective services, workforce recruitment and food service systems
- Implementation of Australian Standards for Texture Modified Foods and Fluids.
- Coordination of food service systems to meet resident’s clinical food and dietetic needs. Specialist in developing systems to help ensure that safe eating and drinking for clients with chewing and swallowing difficulties (dysphagia)
- Special interest in the dietary management of intellectually disabled clients with Untreated Phenylketonuria.
- Ability to Listen to all those who can provide information – carers, next of kin, specialist, hospital staff and food service staff to give the best range of data on which informed decisions can be made.
ADVANTAGE NUTRITION achieves optimal nutrition management for clients with a range of services are offered:
- Individual Client Assessments and Review
- Identification of Nutritional / Dietetic Risks
- Anthropometric (height / weight etc) assessment for difficult to assess clients
- Individual Nutrition and Dietetic Reports and Meal Plans
- Weight Audit Reports and follow up
- Review of Drug / Nutrient Interactions (for all individual reports and eating and drinking plans)
- Eating and Drinking Plans detailing Dietary Needs, Food Texture, Fluid Consistency, Food and Fluid Equipment, Drug Preparation, Likes/Dislikes, Allergies and Special Considerations
- Summaries of information for Residential Care Staff e.g. Clinical Summary Sheets
- Reliable communication to Carers via email, phone or fax
- Individual Eating and Drinking Plans, Nutrition Summary Individual Assessment Reports, Written Review Assessments
- Nutrition and Dietetic Reports for Specialists e.g. respiratory, gastro-enterologist, psychiatrists etc.
- Guardianship tribunal reports – legal documents.
ADVANTAGE NUTRITION supports individual patient needs, policy development for clients will improve overall nutrition outcomes for patients in areas such as:
NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Registered Provider